Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Tip You Can Use: Add more of the "GOOD" stuff

Last night we had Chinese. I ate Pork Fried Rice for 10 points. 10 points for ONE freakin cup of rice! It was sooooo good though. Here is what I did to beef it up.

1) I took a package of steamfresh broccoli (0 points!) out of the freezer and zapped it for 5 minutes
2) I put the broccoli (almost whole package) in a bowl added a little salt and pepper
3) Poured the cup of rice (yes I measured!) on top of the broccoli and added low-sodium soy sauce

I mixed it all up and ate it. It was so filling and so good and I didn't feel like I was missing out at all! I normally could eat a whole box of Pork Fried Rice all to myself! This is not something I would do on an everyday basis while on the program but my hubby really wanted to enjoy a "normal" meal together Lol... I have him eating better too so it really was a treat for both of us!

1 comment:

  1. Hello weakness. I love rice! White rice, Pork Fried Rice is hella bomb, and we eat a lot of Mexican "red" rice because...well I come from a Mexican family. lol.
    10 points for 1 cup? That's a lot. :( But it's so yummy. I can do some damage and eat a container like it's going out of style. So that's good to know. 10 points. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete